AUGUST 21 to OCTOBER 3, 2010
THE SALT PLAYS,
IN THE WOUND
directed by JON TRACY
inspired by The Iliad by Homer
"And as I look down at my hands, I see
the future of creation.
And that, Odysseus, is why you will follow me into war."
From the team that brought you The Farm comes a unique beat on the most famous war story ever told. Using every classic text on the subject, this original work breaks down the insanity of war into an explosive musical soundscape that will lay egos bare, implode cities, and call into question everything you've ever been forced to believe is true.
Production Producers: Linda Schmidt & Peter Skarpelos;
Joseph Mallon & Sue Trowbridge
In the Wound is generously supported by grants from The Fleishhacker Foundation, The James Irvine Foundation and The Zellerback Family Foundation
John Hinkel Park is ADA accessible; please make a reservation so we can save space for anyone using a wheelchair.
This is a residential area; please be mindful of parking in driveways. We always like to encourage car-pooling and you may feel free to drop off anyone with mobility concerns at the Park entrance.
Southampton Avenue, between San Diego Road and Somerset Place in Berkeley. Click here for a map
Take the #7 AC Transit Bus north from Downtown Berkeley BART station. Once you pass the Arlington Circle, watch for our billboard out on the corner of Arlington and Southhampton Avenue. Click here for a link
Driving From SF:
• Take the 80 N toward Berkeley/Sacramento.
• Take the Buchanan exit towards Albany. Turn right onto Buchanan after exiting.
• Go .5 mile on Buchanan, fade right (Buchanan then becomes Marin) and drive 1.6 miles east on Marin to the roundabout at the Marin Circle.
• Take a right on Arlington Ave and go 1/3 of a mile to Southampton.
• Turn right onto Southampton – drive one block and look for parking to the left or right.
Click here for further information